Thursday 29 September 2011

The Postcard From Afar & My Tamagotchi 'Tank Face'

The narration of a scene explored on the card, in which the postcard itself goes through a personal but desperate journey to reach out to a loved one.
I was thinking about the idea of a personal battle, the kind that we may experience with other people or even a conflict within ourselves. I decided to put this idea within the context of besieged soldiers, the notion of fighting against something and hoping for a resolution.
The use of mix collage to give the effect of a design overwhelmed with different objects was a concept that I really wanted to explore. There’s so much to say but so little space to say it, I used this opportunity to experiment with the composition of the drawing.

Image submitted to Drawing Crowds  http://www.drawingcrowds.co.uk/  Check out the rest of the gallery!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool work bud. Following you on Twitter now :) @arteechoke

    ReplyDelete